Ageing is synonymous to life. As we celebrate each BIRTHDAY, subtle changes and shifts happen to our vision and our eyes.
VISION, one of the 5 crucial senses is one of the earliest to be affected by age.It can interfere with safety and ability to understand the surrounding specially when outdoors.It therefore has a huge impact on self confidence and independence!!
VISION is dependent on a lot of other factors. The tears, the lens, the muscles and the retina and many other parameters work in perfect harmony for us to see clearly.
As we age, Hormonal changes, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Thyroid, Heart disease, etc start to show up. Lifestyles, dietary habits and the medications you are on add their influence. The work atmosphere and the environment affects how we adjust.
Ageing causes a qualitative or a quantitative drop in vision. Difficulty in focusing things,easy tiredness, eye strain,intolerance to light,fading of colours,drop in peripheral field of vision,dry eyes,delayed responses to darkness and light,floaters,Cataract,Glaucoma,Diabetic Retinopathy,Age Related Macular Degeneration, are a few things that happen to us as we age.
KEEP YOUR EYES HEALTHY WITH THESE:
- A good Balanced diet that includes fruits,nuts ,veggies & supplements.
- Daily dose of physical activity
- Keep the Diabetes,Blood Pressure,Cholesterol,Thyroid under control.
- Avoid Steroid use in any form
- Avoid smoking
- Go Digital but in moderation
- Read in good light with prescription spectacles.
- Wear protective and UV blocking glasses while driving, playing sports or in the sun.
- Do NOT delay cataract surgeries as recoveries are delayed as you age.
- A MANDATORY Eye Consultation with an eye doctor every single birthday,to confirm that YOUR EYES REMAIN HEALTHY.
BE CONFIDENT…. BE INDEPENDENT…… CELEBRATE LIFE WITH A HEALTHY EYE SIGHT!!