HOW TO USE CONTACT LENSES SAFELY
Contact lens use is far more common than we know.Prescription Contact Lens use begins at a very early age these days so does use of cosmetic coloured Contact lenses.It is important to understand how to properly use contact lenses. Here are a few tips
- Follow instructions as outlined by your eye care professional
- Always wash hands before handling
- Replace your lenses per the prescribed schedule
- Never sleep with contact lenses in your eyes
- Clean the lenses well before putting them in the case
- Keep your case clean
- Air dry the case before a refill
- Refill case with fresh solution—not water
- Replace the solution bottle every three months to decrease risk of contamination.
Use of Contact Lenses is easy and comfortable but comes with a responsibility.If you are thinking of initiating to contact lens use,please call us and take an appointment.
Contact Lens wear is safe and can be worn at any age.There are a few contraindications but they can be discussed with your Doctor before you start using them
Please get a complete eye check before starting Contact Lens use for the first time.
PREVENTIVE EYE CARE
Regular eye examinations should form part of everyone’s health routine, after all looking after your eyes is just as important as looking after the rest of your body.”